Blog Archives

Monday, February 22, 2010

Three Weeks of Menus



(another new post below!)

In an attempt to get control of my busy life,
I took time out this past weekend to plan three weeks' worth of meals.

Realistically, this will probably turn into a month's worth of meals,
since life has a way of sidetracking me... or should I say, I have a way of blowing my best intentions!

I went shopping with my grocery lists for several stores,
trying to get what I could for my menus on sale.
I will still be going to the store periodically for fresh fruit, veggies, milk and bread
but the staples and meats have been purchased already.

Without further ado, here they are.
If you want a recipe, let me know!

*****************

1) Pot roast with potatoes and carrots
2) Vegetable soup using leftover pot roast
3) Glazed salmon
4) Cheeseburger macaroni (still using up boxed processed crap)
5) Roasted chicken (tip: go ahead and shred the remaining chicken into freezer bags and then use them later in the month for other chicken related recipes)
6) Chicken ranch wraps (using roasted chicken)
7) Chicken enchiladas and quesadillas (using roasted chicken)
8) Chicken cheese casserole (using roasted chicken)
9) Vegetarian baked ziti
10) Loaded baked potatoes (tip: use fat free Greek yogurt in place of sour cream. I promise it is just as decadent as full-fat sour cream, with the same tang!)
11) Crock Pot Pork roast to make shredded port sandwiches
12) Italian breaded chicken breasts
13) Grilled cheese and homemade tomato soup (vegetarian meal)
14) Teriyaki chicken
15) Fried Rice (tip: use whatever leftover veggies and/or meat for this)
16) Artichoke pasta (vegetarian meal)
17) Meatball hoagies
18) Crock Pot orange chicken
19) Fettucine alfredo with asparagus tips (vegetarian)
20) Pasta with homemade spaghetti sauce (meat)
21) Pasta with homemade spaghetti sauce (vegetarian)

For more great menu ideas and tips, please visit Laura at Orgjunkie.com!

No comments: