Blog Archives

Monday, May 12, 2008

Rain, Rain GO AWAY, a budget and a baby

It feels like it has been raining here
for days and days on end.

Seriously.

I know it took a break for part of the day on Sunday
but it has rained since Sunday night
and all day today
and several days last week.

I am ready for the skies to clear
and the kids to play outside!
--------------------------------------------------------------

In budget news,
things are still on track.
Well, slightly off track
but mostly on track.

We have been credit card free
since the first of February of this year.
We have paid all debt except the remaining loan on the van
and the mortgage on the house.

I had been making several van payments per month
but this month that slowed to just the one payment
while we put aside extra for taxes (this month and next)
due to a miscalculation.
We also spent nearly 700$ this month on home repair
and a big chunk of change for some dental work.

The two older kids will be starting orthodontia
next month so we will start budgeting that in as well.

Still, it feels good to know
that we are continuing to get and keep
our financial house in order
and that we are no longer among the legions
who owe credit card debt.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Now, the most wonderful and excellent news of all!!

I AM GOING TO BE AN AUNT AGAIN!!!

My brother Richard and his wife Michelle
are expecting their first child on November first of this year!

I am literally beside myself with excitement.

Please join me in your hopes and prayers
for a healthy baby and a healthy pregnancy
for both mom and baby.

2 comments:

nicrogers said...

You definitely have my prayers! I am really happy for them and you! Congrats Auntie!

Faithful Froggers said...

Oh, how exciting!! Congratulations! And I will be praying for healthy pregnancy and baby.

Hope the weather cleared up! :)