Blog Archives

Thursday, May 15, 2008

So Bizarre!

When I logged on to my computer today,
I noticed that my FIOS internet signal was
rapidly coming in and out of service.

Obviously, this would not do,
so I called Verizon to find out what needed to be done
to get it running more consistently.

Pleasantly, I was put through to someone right away.

""It's not a problem, he (Sean) stated,
"just download the program that I send to you
and that will allow me to access your computer
and make the changes."

I agreed and downloaded the program.

Shortly thereafter,
I sat and watched as he manipulated my computer
from across the nation in Southern California.

I watched as my mouse moved and clicked on this and that,
as words I was not typing popped up on the address line of my computer,
letter by letter,
as if by a ghostly hand.

He even minimized the page I had been working on!

As I was watching this,
it truly felt as though an invisible stranger had taken over
the computer, sitting right here on my lap in my bedroom.

It felt bizarre and creepy.

As he finished,
I confirmed with him that he would not be able to access
my computer again unless I confirmed the request on this end first.

Relieved, I told him I was glad:
"That felt like that scene in Ghost at the pottery wheel!" I said.

Silence.

And then I realized he was too young to have any idea what I was talking about.

Bite me, Sean.
lol!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooo! That really bites!! And is much like a discussion I have been having with my co-workers about cheesy songs getting stuck in our heads. We were shooting around things like William Shatner's rendition of Rocket Man and The Hoff's version of Hooked on A Feeling -- and then realized that one of our co-workers we had included in the email was too young to know what the heck we were talking about!

Gina said...

When did we become the older generation? It sucks. Oh well.. at least the whipper snappers know how to fix our computers.

Jody said...

LOL! Sean needs to get with the program and watch Ghost!

Isn't the computer age strange???