Blog Archives

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Hoopla

I have been tagged by my most excellent friend Lori
to do this Christmas Hoopla.

As she writes:

Ok, this is specifically not a meme. It's a HOOPLA. Got it?

Here are the rules:

1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible.

So here's mine:

1. I've never seen It's A Wonderful Life and for some reason, I have no desire to. At this point there is no way it will live up to all the hype.

2. My mother in Law has cross stitched beautiful stockings for all of us that have great sentimental value.

3. One year I discovered all my gifts that I was getting for Christmas. On the actual Christmas day the element of surprise was gone and I was really disappointed and never did it again.

4. My favorite Christmas album this year is the new Michael W. Smith Christmas album. I like it more each time I listen to it.

5. Each Christmas Eve, I have given my kids a new pair of Christmas pajamas. The boys have taken to sleeping in just their underwear this year and I am stymied.

6. One of my favorite Christmas books in the whole world is Santa Mouse.

7. One of the things my husband and I disagreed about the most in our marriage is whether Santa brings wrapped or unwrapped gifts. I conceded. I'm big like that.

8. I look forward to our Overnight Cinnamon Rolls every Christmas morning. It is gooey sweet goodness!

9. We don't have a stocking for our dog. I don't really get that whole scene.

10. My husband does all the Christmas decorating in our house and I do the gift buying and cards and baking. He does a great job with the lights and makes our house wonderfully Christmassy each year. Is Christmassy a word?

11. My absolute favorite thing about Christmas is Christmas cards. I have been saving the pictures we receive every year since 2001 and I LOVE to take the pictures out each December and look at how all the kids have grown and changed. Getting a Christmas card in the mailbox literally makes my day.

12. Even as an adult, I am disappointed if I don't get something I can "play" with on Christmas. And no, I don't mean my husband!

And now, I am tagging the following people: Nic, Gina and Lanny. Let's see what you can come up with, girls!

3 comments:

Lanny said...

Wow! I could almost copy your 12 and just post them on my blog. We think alike. The only thing I couldn't copy are the cinnamon rolls--I need the recipe first!;)
No Christmas pjs? How 'bout Christmas boxers?

Anonymous said...

Santa Mouse is my absolute favorite too. You're the first person I've ever learned shares my passion for the book. Everyone should pick it up from the bargain section of B&N. It's only $6!

Nantucket Dreamer said...

I've stumbled upon your blog through my Sister-In-Law Gina. I'm new to this whole blogging world and am enjoying browsing though everyone's sites. Your Christmas Hoopla hit home with me, I'm staring at cross-stitched stockings hanging up (still have to finish my youngest's). Santa Mouse IS the best xmas book out there and the brand new jammies are under the tree waiting to be opened tonight.

Merry Christmas!