I have been tagged by my most excellent friend Lori
to do this Christmas Hoopla.
As she writes:
Ok, this is specifically not a meme. It's a HOOPLA. Got it?
Here are the rules:
1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible.
So here's mine:
1. I've never seen It's A Wonderful Life and for some reason, I have no desire to. At this point there is no way it will live up to all the hype.
2. My mother in Law has cross stitched beautiful stockings for all of us that have great sentimental value.
3. One year I discovered all my gifts that I was getting for Christmas. On the actual Christmas day the element of surprise was gone and I was really disappointed and never did it again.
4. My favorite Christmas album this year is the new Michael W. Smith Christmas album. I like it more each time I listen to it.
5. Each Christmas Eve, I have given my kids a new pair of Christmas pajamas. The boys have taken to sleeping in just their underwear this year and I am stymied.
6. One of my favorite Christmas books in the whole world is Santa Mouse.
7. One of the things my husband and I disagreed about the most in our marriage is whether Santa brings wrapped or unwrapped gifts. I conceded. I'm big like that.
8. I look forward to our Overnight Cinnamon Rolls every Christmas morning. It is gooey sweet goodness!
9. We don't have a stocking for our dog. I don't really get that whole scene.
10. My husband does all the Christmas decorating in our house and I do the gift buying and cards and baking. He does a great job with the lights and makes our house wonderfully Christmassy each year. Is Christmassy a word?
11. My absolute favorite thing about Christmas is Christmas cards. I have been saving the pictures we receive every year since 2001 and I LOVE to take the pictures out each December and look at how all the kids have grown and changed. Getting a Christmas card in the mailbox literally makes my day.
12. Even as an adult, I am disappointed if I don't get something I can "play" with on Christmas. And no, I don't mean my husband!
And now, I am tagging the following people: Nic, Gina and Lanny. Let's see what you can come up with, girls!
Today is my birthday. I am 36
4 hours ago