Blog Archives

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Getting Wiser

Experience really is the best teacher.

While I know I still have a LOT
to learn as a parent,
I also know that I have learned so much
about parentING from having my three children.

I also have learned to listen to myself better.
The past few days, I have been feeling under the weather.
Instead of ignoring that and pushing through it,
I have been trying to take it a little easier,
listen to my body and rest when I needed to.

Long story short,
my youngest got off the bus today
and started crying over a sore throat.

I know that he has a pretty high pain tolerance
and doesn't complain about pain often,
so I knew to take him in the clinic this afternoon
instead of waiting like I would have for the other two.

Sure enough,
open door and insert strep.

I've called the parents of the two children
who were here yesterday to give them a heads up
and tomorrow Trey and I will hang out.

Hopefully, the rest of us can avoid the germ.
I have Lysoled well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Trey is sick. What does he have? Hope you feel better soon too. Good for you for Lysoling! Hope no one else gets it..
Love,
MOM

Gina said...

Poor Trey, strep is awful! I hope he gets well soon and no one else gets it.