Blog Archives

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Twelve is Good

God willing,
I won't live to regret this post
but I have to say it:

Twelve is a wonderful,
delicious age.

My daughter is twelve
(actually, now 12 and a half)
and she is just nice to be around.

She can do all kinds of amazing things.
She can watch her brothers for me.
She does her homework with no reminding.
She can hold interesting conversations.

This morning, she surprised my husband and I
with breakfast in bed.
She cooked hard boiled eggs,
bacon,
sausage
and made a blueberry coffee cake
that was delicious...and it wasn't even my recipe!

She doesn't do alot of eye rolling or backtalk yet.
I'm sure it is coming but for now, things are on
an even keel.
She is affectionate, kind and empathetic.

So regardless of what the future may hold
in her adolescence,
twelve is good!


2 comments:

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Kate sounds like a great kid, Leeann. You and Rob have done a great job and I can tell how proud you are of her!

Gina said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! Twelve is wonderful! I really enjoy Taylor and I'm hoping and praying that this will continue.

gina