Blog Archives

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

An Interesting Dessert



A few days ago, I made some chocolate chip cookies.
You'd think I never make anything good, because everyone in the house has been raving about them.
Consequently, they are disappearing at an alarming rate.

"What're you gonna make next?" Chris asked me at dinner tonight.

"Well," I mused, "I just tore out a recipe for a strawberry icebox pie from a magazine. I was thinking I might try that, or a lemon icebox pie."
(I don't like sweet things but usually I like lemon desserts.)


Rob quickly tossed his vote in for the strawberry icebox pie.

"I know!" piped up Kate. "Make crack! We all like the crack!"

Now, before you all panic, crack is a dessert that is made using saltines, homemade toffee and chocolate chips. The hot toffee is poured over the crisped saltines and then melted chocolate is spread over that. You freeze it, then break it into pieces- hence the name "Crack."



Trey and Chris nodded over Kate's suggestion but then they suggested Cake Balls.
Cake Balls are literally round cakes on sticks, dipped in melted chocolate.
Super sweet but the kids like them.


A few minutes later, Trey says "When are you going to make Lemon Butt?"

I stared at him quizzically. "What? What's Lemon Butt?"

He grinned and said gleefully "Well, if you're going to make Cake Balls and Crack, you might as well make Lemon Butt!"

2 comments:

jen@odbt said...

Too funny! There's always one in the family. You'll have to let us know how lemon butt turns out ;)

Gina said...

Dessert that is both perverse and a little addictive! I love it!