Blog Archives

Monday, January 3, 2011

A Chorus of Angels Sang.


The heavens parted and the angels sang this morning
as the bus pulled away from the curb.
At least, that's what I thought I was hearing..
it was so freaking cold outside that I was walking as fast as my slippered feet would take me,
whimpering all the while.
Clearly I underestimated how cold a sunny January morning would feel.

While this was a really fabulous Christmas break,
after a few days, I really need my schedule back.
I think the kids get the same way too, even though they would deny it passionately.
I managed to get things straightened up, bills paid etc.
I even got my hair cut!

I want to get back to planning my menus.
It helps me to stay on track and also to use the food that we have in the house
so I'm not tossing things out.
So, here's the plan for the week!

First, the past two days..
Sunday: whole wheat spaghetti with homemade sauce, homemade apple sauce.
Monday: whole grain breaded tilapia, mashed potatoes, fresh pineapple.
Tuesday: angel hair pasta with remaining sauce and homemade turkey meatballs, baby peas.
Wednesday: make-your-own pizzas on flatbreads, homemade applesauce.
Thursday: Crock pot Cream Cheese Ranch chicken, egg noodles, broccoli.
Friday: Chicken and Rice dinner, green beans, peaches.
Saturday: We'll see. I'm out of practice and my brain hurts!

2 comments:

Gina said...

It sounds very good! Is that just using what you have in the house? I need to get back to menu planning also but I'm still feeling like I need a few days to recover.

Unknown said...

Did you make your Crock Pot Cream Cheese Ranch Chicken last night? How did it come out? May I have the recipe? Thanks, cousin! --Ellen