Blog Archives

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Unexpected snow and MPM


I have heard many people saying they wish they could be meteorologists lately.
How else can you get paid to be wrong so consistently?
Our area, which was supposed to get a coating of snow yesterday,
ended up with a good six inches of light, fluffy snow instead.

Even so, it made for some lovely snow watching weather
and a nice lazy Saturday at home with the kids.
I love things like snowstorms and power outages (brief!)
that force you to just slow down and hang out.
*********************

I am happy to find that, after several years in our neighborhood,
our boys are really finding good friends to hang out with.
I love that they are nice enough to include Trey a good portion of the time, even though they are older.
I love that one of them is a girl who is the sweetest, most polite thing but
who also loves to play Madden 10 on the Wii and kicks all their butts in most sports.
I want them to have a pack of nice kids to hang out with and make memories with
and I think we have found that now. :-)
**********************

Another week, another menu plan!
I am having to get a bit more organized now,
as I am out of the house three days a week starting Feb 1,
so all my shopping and planning needs to be in place prior to Monday.
I am continuing my quest toward healthier eating.
The troops are making some efforts to be supportive, although I was getting quite frustrated at the mid-point of the week last week.
However, I believe this is a goal worth pursuing for all of us, so I picked myself up and soldiered on. :-)

The menu for this week is as follows:

Quesadillas and saffron rice
(chicken and cheese for the others; for me, vegetarian: corn, black bean and red pepper with feta)
Brunswick stew and garlic bread (two nights)
Chicken cheese casserole, veggies and fruit (two nights)
Pulled pork sandwiches and tater tots (junk night!)
Vegetarian gorgonzola penne pasta and fruit

For more great menu ideas, please join Laura at orgjunkie.com!

No comments: