Blog Archives

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Karate Kid


Rob and I have spent some time 
over the years trying to find at least one sport
that "clicks" with each of our kids.

For Kate,
we were unsuccessful for quite a while.
She discovered that she likes basketball through Upward
when she was in 7th grade
and she is quite good.

For Chris, he took to baseball right away.
He has been playing since he was five
(he was swinging a bat on his first birthday!)
and he is at the Minor League now
with his father as his coach.
He makes me laugh because each day
he makes a beeline for the Sports section,
just like I remember my brother doing.

For Trey, we tried baseball first.
Not a good fit.
Then we tried soccer. 
Again, not a good fit.
He started begging to try Karate 
and after putting him off for a time,
he started Karate several weeks ago.


I think we have a match!


He is really enjoying the classes
and heck, he looks just adorable 
in his Karate uniform.


HI-YA!

4 comments:

Lanny said...

He sure does look adorable! What a cutie!

Jenny said...

Karate offers discipline too. I like that aspect of it. My kids never asked to do it - I guess I couldn't get past the 3x/week practices. Good for Trey.

Gina said...

Aww! He's so cute. We never have found sports for Zane and Taylor. They just have no interest at all. Gymnastics is a good fit for Delaney though.

Natalie said...

I love it that he loves karate! I think I'm going to have Finn try it in the fall. So great for discipline, balance, core, etc. Hmmm, maybe I should try it. . .