Blog Archives

Sunday, November 30, 2008


We had a lovely Thanksgiving Holiday
and I have been greatly enjoying the leftovers
but I have to admit I am ready for some new and different tastes!

I did try a couple of new recipes this past week.
I made a Chicken Parmigiana that was a huge hit
and will definitely be a part of our meals list from here on out.
I made a Greek Lasagna called Pastitsio that was just okay
and will not make our meal rotation.
Finally, I made Country Ribs in the crockpot that were MAGNIFICENT
and they will absolutely be on our meal list.

This week, one new recipe and some old favorites:

Monday: tacos and taco salads
Tuesday: Penne with bacon and mushrooms (holdover from last week- new recipe)
Wednesday: coca cola chicken with rice and organic veggies
Thursday: spaghetti with homemade meat sauce and garlic bread
Friday:vegetarian fried rice, roasted asparagus,  fruited jello
Saturday: TBD

Most of these items are freezer or pantry items so hopefully a low cost week grocery wise.

For more great menu ideas, go on over to Laura's blog!

No comments: