Blog Archives

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Late Menu Plan Monday and a Recipe

Hi everyone,

I am a study in contradictions.
Each spring, I am eager for summer to come.
I am ready to get out from under the burden of sports
and games and always having somewhere to be.

And for a while, in summer, we luxuriate in the wide-openness of our schedules.

Then, toward the end of summer,
the restlessness begins to take over
and the desire to have a schedule again 
become persistant. 

Now that we are in Fall and we have been in schoool for a month and a half,
I am back to feeling overscheduled yet again.
I wonder, what is the level of activity I seek? 
I don't think I even know myself.
Soon baseball and soccer will come to an end
and things will slow down again
and I will be content... for a while.
---------------

Menu Plan:

I'm going to tell you what we had the last two days and work from there:

Monday:
 Sauteed artichoke hearts on angel hair pasta, with garlic and topped with parmiaggiano reggiano cheese.   
In our  house this is called "Artichoke pasta."  This has been my daughter's favorite meal since she was four years old and is one of Trey's favorites as well.

Tuesday:
Stir fried rice with egg, pork and organic vegetables.

Wednesday:
Meat loaf with mashed potatoes and fruit

Thursday:
Chicken Enchiladas and Chicken and Monterey Jack Quesadillas

Friday through Sunday- Leeann and Kate on middle school retreat.
Saturday Rob and kids at a baseball camp out.
Friday- Rob and kids fend for themselves

Pork Stir Fried Rice recipe:

Sautee two to three center cut pork chops in a small amount of oil until they are partly cooked through. Take them off the heat, dice them into a large dice and return them to skillet. Cook through.

Meanwhile, cook three cups of rice or use leftover rice from another time. I used Minute Rice tonight for a quick meal.

Add the cooked and drained rice to the skillet and add a Tablespoon of oil. Cook rice over medium heat several minutes.  Add soy sauce to taste.

Meanwhile, steam a cup and a half of vegetables until crisp-tender. I used peas, carrots, corn and green beans.  In a small skillet, cook three scrambled eggs until they are set.

Add cooked and drained veggies and the scrambled eggs into the rice and pork mixture. Break up the eggs and stir ingredients together over medium  heat until well mixed.

Enjoy hot!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I totally know what you mean. Some days are better than others.

The artichoke pasta sounds yummy.

Natalie said...

How sad that I am the only person in my house who likes artichokes!