Blog Archives

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hold Your Nose!

On the way back from the Outer Banks today,
we stopped to get gas and stretch our legs.

All the kids were told to take a potty break as well.

Kate and Trey were in and out
and I waited for Chris.

And waited, and waited, and waited.

FINALLY, he emerges
and we all pile back into the car.

As we set off down the road,
I turn around.

"Chris, are you feeling okay?"

"Yes, fine, Mom. Why?"

"Well, you took so long in the bathroom, I was wondering if you were sick or something."

"Oh no, Mom. I had to poop. And one of them had to go through the ring of fire."
---

ROFL! Ring of fire??? I have no idea where he heard that or in what context,
but Rob and I were just cracking up.

Next lesson for Chris:
When to keep certain information to yourself.

2 comments:

dkuroiwa said...

okay...so I'm not sure exactly what the "ring of fire" might mean to your young man....but...I am sitting here laughing my butt off!!! When you find out where he heard this, you must let us know...that...is...funny!!!
(and strangely enough...I might possibly understand!!!)

Cindi said...

Brings even more meaning to "Boys say the darnedest things!"

Having two sons, I can honestly say that I am no longer shocked by anything that comes out of their mouths...over the years my husband has joined them in their quest for saying the most inappropriate thing at the most inappropriate time!

But I wouldn't trade any of them for anything in the world!