To commemorate my beloved's 40th birthday,
I am going to share 40 facts about Rob.
1. We have been together exactly half of his life.
2. He is smart. Really smart. Really, really smart.
3. As in, he got a perfect score on his LSATs kind of smart.
4. He chose to go to Law School at Vanderbilt so he could stay near me.
5. This was very sweet and romantic.
6. This made his parents mad.
7. Really, really mad.
8. His first dream was to be a writer.
9. He IS a writer.
10. He is goal oriented, unlike me.
11. He made goals to be reached by his 40th birthday.
12. I think he reached them.
15. He is extremely family oriented.
16. He most closely relates to my daughter.
17. It doesn't take a lot to keep him happy.
18. Sex or a good steak usually does the trick.
20. He has learned to like, or at least tolerate, leftovers.
21. He can fall asleep quickly
22. and stay asleep all night.
23. I'm envious.
25. He likes to read science fiction and fantasy books.
26. We never read the same books.
27. We are somewhat of an "Odd Couple"- many key characteristics and personality traits are polar opposite.
28. But our key values and parenting approaches are very similar.
29. He is not the disciplinarian in the family.
30. But he always backs me up.
32. I forget which one.
33. Now he is more involved in church than I am.
34. While I question everything.
35. He is now officially addicted to white noise machines.
36. He is everything a good father should be.
37. And more.
38. He supports me when I decide I want to take over our finances,
39. or work part time, or not.
40. He is the best husband ever.
You just keep getting better!