My friend Debbie
who has a VERY interesting blog
about being an expatriate living in Japan
has tagged me for a meme.
So here we go:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
What I was doing 10 years ago:
Ten years ago, gosh it seems like forever ago! My life was radically different back then. I was mom to only one child, Kate, who was nearing her third birthday. I was deeply involved in a Mom's group and mothering was my whole life and pretty much all I ever thought about. I was pregnant with my son, Chris, and we were moving into the first home we would ever own- a townhouse- and we were so proud!
Five Snacks I enjoy:In a perfect, non weight-gaining world
1. Seven layer dip
2. Kettle potato chips with onion dip
4. most any kind of hot dip- artichoke dip, spinach dip, crab dip..with some nice crusty hot bread.
5. ice cream
In the real world
...that's pretty much it. I'm not a real "snacky" person.
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. fund the kids' college
2. fund retirement
3. find a cure for autism
4. take a trip around the world
5. fund research for children's cancer
Five jobs that I have had:
1. grocery store checker
2. waitress at Applebee's
3. worked in a bakery
4. babysitter extraordinaire!
Three of my habits:
1. I have to read before I go to sleep. Something, anything.
2. I have to sleep with my body pillow. I got one when I was pregnant with Kate and it has become integral to my sleeping! (and no, I don't still sleep with that one!)
3. I have to check the locks before I go upstairs for bed.
Five place I have lived: (This is easy)
1. Atlanta, Georgia
2. Houston, Texas
3. Nashville, TN
4. Greensboro, NC
5. Milan, Italy
Five People I Want to Get to Know Better: (a nice way of saying TAG!) But don't feel obligated! Just do it if you want to.
And dear Internet, these are clickable links if you want to go check out their blogs!
1. Nic Rogers at You Have Got to be Kidding
2. Natalie at Can I Control My Life if I Can't Control My Hair?
3. Lori at The Simple Life at Home
4. Heather at Splaneyo
5. Jen at Amazing Trips
Empathetic Stress; Burt’s Bees Lip Oil
17 hours ago