Blog Archives

Monday, April 21, 2008

As Long as I Know Where I Stand

Tonight,
after Trey's favorite dinner
of Teriyaki Chicken and rice,
he was snuggled up in my lap
at the table.

His tummy was full
and he was full of contentment
and letting me get in as many
smooches as I possibly could.

"Trey, I love you so much,"
I said,
in to the soft, nuzzly part of his neck.

I hear the softest of sighs
and a little voice whisper back:

"Oh Mama... I love your cooking."

I guess it *is* true
that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach!

2 comments:

nicrogers said...

lol! Gotta love them Leeann! Anyway, tomorrow he just may be complaining about your horrible dinner. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Richard Lewis said...

Always. Haven't you figured that out already? Make me tortellini alla panna, and I'm all yours.