Blog Archives

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Menu Plan Monday


In an effort to get myself organized
with all the school and sports gearing up
(I love Fall!)
I am trying something new called
"Menu Plan Mondays".

Basically, I lay out my menu
for the week,
which should help me get good meals
to the table more regularly,
plan around practices
and save money grocery shopping.

This week's menu is as follows:

(Labor Day Monday- had a pool party and grilled out)

Tuesday-
Chicken enchiladas (using leftover chicken)
Mexican rice
Salad

Wednesday-
Crock pot barbeque sandwiches
tater tots
jello with fruit

Thursday-
Breakfast casserole
fresh cantaloupe

Friday-
Meatloaf
corn on the cob
green beans

Desserts for this week:
Chocolate Eclair cake
blueberry cheesecake tartlets

6 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like a great menu! I especially love breakfast for dinner. Welcome to MPM, thanks for joining us!

Laura

Heather said...

You'll have to report back and let us know if it works. I'm an open the fridge and see what's there kind of cook. Maybe a plan would help...
Heather

Anonymous said...

I've got to plan, too, otherwise we'd never eat. I already have dinner made; it just needs to be put on the table since we won't get home until around 6:15. I usually leave one day open for either leftovers or something I'm really craving!

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Hey, we just had the crockpot bbq sandwiches tonight! Yummy! Could you share the recipe for the eclair dessert?

It all sounds yum!

Beth Anderson said...

I wish I could be that organized. Usually dinner is out or whatever is handy. I can't cook! :hanging head in shame:

Katy said...

Good luck with it!!! I plan my meals 2 weeks in advance normally...just easier for me that way..cuz i try to only grocery shop once every two weeks! LOL Having a meal plan really helps when grocery shopping as well as each day...there is no rush to figure out what to make!!! Your meals planned for this week sound wonderful!