Blog Archives

Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Hint of Fall

There's a hint of fall in the air today.
This is one of my favorite times of the year.

As I drive, leaves fall onto the car
like a snow shower.
The kids walk home from the bus
along the edges of the curb
so they can crunch the leaves with their shoes.

Is there any sound as satisfying as this?

Tonight the low dips down into the mid forties.
We closed the pool just in time this year.
Took us three years to figure out the weather patterns
and get it right!

Chris has his second ball game tomorrow.
I am glad that Rob will be there with me
so I don't have to cringe and sweat alone!

Overall I am feeling a bit better tonight.
My chest, ribcage and shoulders are still sore
and my food intake is very limited
but I do believe tomorrow I may not feel
like I have been hit by a Mack truck.


No comments: