Blog Archives

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Come the Fall

Come the fall,
all three of my children
will be school age.

Come the fall,
we will be taking
our last celebratory trip to Disney
because it will be our last child starting kindergarten.

Come the fall,
I will have
sweet milky breath,
tiny fingers,
dimpled knuckles,
and fluttering, droopy eyes
with curling lashes,
in my house again.

Come the fall,
I will have
tiny baby spoons,
rice cereal,
bibs,
a bouncy seat
and a crib
in my house again.

Tiny diapers.
baby wipes,
burp cloths
and many diaper changes
in my house again

The beauty of it is:
no pregnancy
no labor
no delivery
no sleepless nights.

Because come the fall,
I have the honor of
babysitting my friend
Jen's baby three days a week
starting in October
when she goes back to work.

So while I am over the moon
in baby heaven,
I will be putting money
in the college account
of MY first baby.

More than that, though,
I will have the pleasure
of reliving the chance
to make a positive impact
on a new life

and that is just lovely.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, just beautiful. Written with love and humor. Loved it.

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Aww, shucks, Leeann. You make me want to have a baby!! If only I could get somebody to give me their baby. But your mom is right. This was truly beautiful.

debbie said...

I thought for sure this was going to be a BIG public announcement...
I was a little disappointed when it wasn't!! :)
I have been reading all along- I had no idea you had SUCH a gift to write! Keep it up!

Leeann said...

Aw, thanks Lori and Debbie. I have really been enjoying keeping this blog. It's also a great way to keep in touch with friends. Right, Debbie? lol